Potato..... Yep, no kidding
You might think I was going to talk about making Vodka, I'm not.
The humble potato, so I have found, can really change the quality of the spirit you are making. Here is a sort method of how to use them.
1) Get a few medium potato's, or, one large one. Not James and the Giant Peach large because then you wouldn't be able to fit it into a pot. Unless you had a really really big pot. Which I suppose some people who have a fondness for such things may.
2) Cut the potato up roughly, I clean mine before I do that, but that is up to your discression. I leave the skins on, that would be a firm suggestion, not something to leave up to ones discression. Although you may feel free to administer you discression at your own leasure.
3) Bring them to a quick boil then leave them on a slow simmer for an hour, or there abouts.
4) Strain the potato through a strainer, reclaiming all that potatoee goodness in the water and then throw that water into your ferment. A litre, a couple..... just what you have.
5) Business as usual, until you taste the difference!!!!!!!
Just a very quick tip today, but one that is oh so good to know.